“Extra-large, fixed LCD displays crisp digits to prevent reading errors”
Top Positive Review
Here are the “good” and “bad” on this product.
1. USER APPROVED: It is one of two 5-star rated calculators on the Amazon website. Of the two, it has the most user ratings.
2. REPUTATION: The SHARP brand has a long history of manufacturing inexpensive, useful, and durable calculators.
3. VERSATILITY: For the record, the device has program keys for accountants: COST, SELL, and MARGIN. For all other users, there is an abundance of function keys: GRAD TOTAL, DOUBLE ZEROS, BACKSPACE, and PERCENTAGE.
4. USEFUL: Little things make life easier for the operator: automatic power down, two power sources for uninterrupted operation – solar powered and emergency watch battery cell, and mathematical sign changes. The display screen is big – 40+ users are able to see without squinting. Long numbers are broken up with commas after every three numerals.
5. ATTENTION TO DETAIL: There are two things that competing models do not have. First, there is a plastic piece on the bottom. Swing it out, the device becomes a tilting desk calculator. Second, push any key down – it makes a sound. Release it – there is another sound. The noise assures the user that the information was registered and accepted by the calculator.
6. PRICE: It is only $1 more than the cheapest basic calculator.
7. VALUE: No other calculator has such useful features for such a reasonable price.
1. It is missing several useful things: a protective top cover, calendar, world time with day-light savings, alarm clock, stop watch, and “talking” – audio pronunciation of numbers and operation.
Top Critical Review
This is a pretty good calculator, it works fine. My only problem that it doesn’t power up in low light conditions due to its inferior solar cell/battery set up. I’m working from the home office most days and the natural light from my window is plenty for me. This calculator doesn’t turn on unless I turn on the interior lights or shine on it with the flashlight from my phone. I ordered a Victor calc that works much better in my shady office. So now I keep this Sharp calc at my work office where it works fine because the lights are always turned on.
Customer Questions & Answers
Can you set your own tax % rate or is automatic to 9% standard ??
Answer: Hi Jonathan. The calculator does have a rate set function.
Does this calculator allow you to fix an entry if you mistyped a number?
Answer: There is the ability to move backwards to fix the current number of you have not pressed an execute button
What is a non standard battery?
Answer: The battery that is used for this device is a CR2032 unlike a double-a or Triple-A. That makes it a non-standard battery.
will this calculator remember the last numbes on the screen after you turn it off and turn it back on?
Answer: No it will not, upon turn on it shows zero
- Audio & Video Accessories
- Bags & Cases
- Blank Media
- Cable Organizer Bags & Cases
- Camera & Photo Accessories
- Cell Phone Accessories
- Compact Radios & Stereos
- Computers & Tablets
- Cord Management
- Digital Cameras
- Digital Voice Recorders
- DVD Players & Recorders
- Fax Machines
- GPS System Accessories
- Home Audio Accessories
- Home Theater Systems
- Item Finders
- Motion Detectors
- MP3 & MP4 Player Accessories
- MP3 & MP4 Players
- Office Electronics Accessories
- Other Office Equipment
- Over-Ear Headphones
- PlayStation Vita
- Portable DVD Players
- Power Adapters
- Power Protection
- Power Strips & Surge Protectors
- Radio Scanners
- Tablet Accessories
- Telephone Accessories
- Television Accessories
- Vehicle Electronics Accessories